Recreation Sites and Trails Closure of Bluff Rec Site
UPDATE - Trail closures were lifted in June 2017!
May 16, 2017: Attention all trail users: Recreation Sites and Trails BC has taken the step of officially closing the Bluff Recreation Site under the Forest Recreation Regulation.
- - More information on this closure can be found on the Rec Sites and Trails website. The closure will be enforced by Compliance and Enforcement staff.
- - This action is being taken to prevent further environmental damage as a result of ongoing trail use that has occurred despite the SMBA's voluntary closures.
- - This year has been remarkably different from other years - in addition to the ground being more frozen than usual, we have had a wet, cool spring, that hasn't given the ground a chance to dry out.
- - We understand similar closures are being implemented in Houston and Burns Lake, which have experienced similar conditions to Smithers.
- - We all want to get out riding - the trails will be assessed regularly, and will be reopened when conditions allow.
Please share widely with your friends, and STAY OFF THE TRAILS.
- May 10, 2020 Update - May 10, 2020
- April 26, 2020 Trails Update- COVID Openings - April 26, 2020
- January 2020 SMBA Newsletter - January 9, 2020
- Fall Work Bee, Sunday, Oct. 20, 11am/Night of the Riding Dead, Nov. 1 - September 4, 2019
- Rocks to Hops (and Back Again)..Smithers Brewing Co. supports SMBA! - July 30, 2019
- Trail Maintenance, Etiquette and Policy Update - June 6, 2019
- Happy Easter!! And what better gift than a Bluff Opening!! - April 19, 2019
- SMBA Bluff Expansion Project - April 2, 2019
- Recreation Sites and Trails Closure of Bluff Rec Site - May 16, 2017
- Spring 2017 Trail Closures - April 3, 2017
- Adopt-A-Trail - March 17, 2017
- Monday, April 25, 2016 Trails Update - April 25, 2016
- BIKE PARK CLOSED AND TRAIL OPENINGS!! - June 9, 2015
- TRAIL OPENINGS - May 10, 2015