SMBA Bluff Expansion Project
The SMBA has been planning a new trail development since last winter…and the pieces are falling into place. This project addresses the feedback from members for more all-mountain and intermediate riding within the network. In the past year, the SMBA was able to work with the Province and other user groups to add parts of the Seymour Ridge Trail zone into the mountain biking area, which opened up new opportunities.
With funding from the Northern Development Initiative Trust, Recreation Sites and Trails BC and our SMBA’s in-kind contributions, we plan to construct 5 Km of new machine/hand built trail and add an additional 1.8km of existing Seymour Ridge trail into the Bluff by the end of the 2019 season. Boo Yah!! The image above gives you a perspective image of what this looks like. We’re working with RSTBC to get a contractor in place and make it all happen but things are looking good for a spring build. If you have questions or want to get involved in the project feel free to drop us a line via email or message us on our Facebook Page, SMBA.
- Happy Easter!! And what better gift than a Bluff Opening!! - April 19, 2019
- SMBA Bluff Expansion Project - April 2, 2019
- SMBA Proposed Trail Policy - November 21, 2018
- Recreation Sites and Trails Closure of Bluff Rec Site - May 16, 2017
- Spring 2017 Trail Closures - April 3, 2017
- Adopt-A-Trail - March 17, 2017
- Monday, April 25, 2016 Trails Update - April 25, 2016
- BIKE PARK CLOSED AND TRAIL OPENINGS!! - June 9, 2015
- TRAIL OPENINGS - May 10, 2015