The Smithers Mountain Bike Association (SMBA) is a registered non-profit society that has been incorporated to serve the interests and needs of the mountain bike community in Smithers.
The purpose of the Smithers Mountain Bike Association is to:
- a) Encourage participation in mountain biking to people of all ages and abilities;
- b) Promote responsible mountain biking practices;
- c) Participate in the planning process for and the management of recreational lands as it relates to mountain bike access and use;
- d) Organize volunteers to aid in restoration, development, and maintenance of legitimate mountain bike trail systems; and
- e) Educate riders on:
- (i) mountain bike safety
- (ii) mountain bike practices that minimize user conflicts, trail damage and ecological impact, and
- (iii) mountain bike trail planning, building and maintenance
We would love to hear from you, so don't hesitate to contact us!
Our address is:
PO Box 4968 Smithers, BC VOJ 2N0
or you can contact us via email at:
We're always looking for extra help on our trail projects, and at our events and we can add you to our list of volunteers.
See here for a full list of the current SMBA executive.